Potential Nutrient Deficiencies
The Vitamin Deficiency
The Mineral Deficiency
SELENIUM is an essential trace mineral of significant role in the human health. It is important for immune system function, thyroid hormone metabolism, and antioxidant activity.
The recommended daily intake of SELENIUM for adults is 55 micrograms per day. However, the exact amount may vary depending on factors such as age, gender, and pregnancy or breastfeeding status.
– Infants (0-6 months) 15 mcg
– Infants (7-12 months) 20 mcg
– Children (1-3 years) 20 mcg
– Children (4-8 years) 30 mcg
– Children (9-13 years) 40 mcg
– Adults (14 years and older) 55 mcg
– Pregnant women 60 mcg
– Breastfeeding women 70 mcg
NOTE: Excessive SELENIUM intake can be toxic, so it’s important to consume it in moderation. You should consult with a healthcare professional or a registered dietitian to determine your specific dietary needs.
- READ MORE